Residence permit

Non EU citizens once in Poland can apply for a residence card.
This card allows you to travel around the Schengen countries without visa.
The validity of the card is one year, than it can be prolongated if you’ll be working or having family in Poland. The prolongation must be done in due time. In case of not fulfilling this condition the applicant will have to leave the territory of Poland and return to his homeland to get a work-visa in the Polish embassy.
The card is not allowing you to work in other Schengen country than Poland.
To work in another country you need a work permit from this country.
More detailed information in the Information/Residence permit section